Thursday 11 October 2012

Butternut Squash, Ginger, Apple Soup

Fall soup.

Just thinking about a warm fall soup makes me smile - ok, I'm a food nerd but seriously fall is my favourite season for clothes, colours and FOOD!

As you can already guess I sometimes vaguely follow recipes, but usually make them up as I go along...and taste as I go along as well.

So without further delay, here is my favourite fall soup recipe:

Butternut Squash, Ginger, Apple Soup

1 Butternut Squash peeled and chopped into pieces
2 Apples of your choice peeled and cut into pieces (I used Macintosh)
3 Carrots chopped
1 Onion
2-3 inches of ginger (I usually throw in a large chunk and then press the rest in a garlic press)
2 Garlic cloves
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp of cardamom
1 tbsp of tumeric
1 tsp of ground cloves
Black pepper

1. Sautee onions and garlic until soft using coconut oil (or grapeseed)
2. Add ginger and spices
3. Add 4 cups of water along with squash, apples, carrots and bring to a boil
4. Reduce to a simmer for 25-30 min
5. I usually stir, add more tumeric, cinnamon, add ginger throughout, according to your taste
6. Remove from heat, let cool and then puree in a blender to desired consistency!

Yum yum!





No comments:

Post a Comment