Tuesday 16 October 2012

Vegan Pumpkin Muffins

Autumn is my favourite time of year for cooking - the fall spices, or well, I consider them fall spices, are my favourite: ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves etc.

I needed a recipe that was quick and easy and involved pumpkin so I looked up a few recipes online and came up with my own!

Vegan Pumpkin Muffins

1 can of pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filler)
3 cups of GF flour - I used 2 of quinoa and 1 of almond but you could do brown rice or coconut as well
1/2 cup of almond milk
1/4 cup of coconut oil
Splash of maple syrup
Cinnamon to your heart's desire (and/or pumpkin pie spice)

Mix flours and spices in a bowl. Add in Pumpkin and continue mixing. Add in milk, oil and syrup and stir with a wooden spoon until everything is mixed together.

Add a large spoonful to each muffin tin, or pour entire mixture into a small cake loaf pan.

Top with cinnamon and some raw brown sugar and walnuts.

Bake at 400 for 20-25 min.

 
 Now, these aren't exactly sugar-free...but, they don't have much added sugar, I use about 3 tbsps of maple syrup and then a sprinkle of brown sugar on the top. The pumpkin does have naturally occuring sugars, as well as the flours...but it is gluten-free, dairy-free and made with love so enjoy!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment