Monday 1 October 2012

Last Minute Beet Edamame Salad

I had to rush to get to work this morning - I mean, who doesn't on a Monday? So I threw together leftovers I had in the fridge and somehow created a very tasty and nutritious salad!

2 large handfuls of arugula (organic pre-packaged)
2 large beets sliced (pre-cooked)
1 cup of edamame beans (pre-cooked)
1 avocado
1 handful of cherry tomatoes
1 small handful of pumpkin seeds
1 inch of ginger root (grate for the dressing mixture)

Dressing: EVOO, fresh lemon, black pepper and grated ginger

I apologize for the picture yet again - the avocado was a lot softer than I thought so made it hard to make this look picture-perfect haha - but that's life right?

This salad is SO simple to make, and so quick that once you have these ingredients there are many different things you can add to make give it your own spin!

I don't usually eat A LOT of soy, so the edamame beans were a different twist on protein, and really make this salad stellar. Adding goat cheese would be AWESOME as well, especially with the beets and arugula - yum yum!

Want to make this salad a bit more substantial? Maybe throw in some cooked quinoa :)


No comments:

Post a Comment