Wednesday 8 May 2013

Kale OPA! Quinoa Salad

As you've probably guessed this is a variation of a typical greek salad - made more substantial with some quinoa and even more healthy and delicious with freshly chopped organic lacinato kale!

Chopped Lacinato (dinosaur) Kale - my favourite kale for taste, texture and chopping!
Quinoa (I usually add in as much cooked quinoa as I feel like)
Green Onions and chives chopped
Yellow and Orange chopped Peppers
Sliced Kalamata Olives
Sliced Cucumber
Pumpkin Seeds
Hemp Seeds
Greek Seasoning (I use Clubhouse, but I should really make my own with dried herbs)

Dressing: juice of 1 lemon, EVOO, apple cider vinegar, black papper, spoonful of whole grain mustard

This salad is SOOOOO tasty, it's healthy and delicious and full of nutrients. Plus, the quinoa fills you up and adds protein!

OPA!


No comments:

Post a Comment