Wednesday 5 December 2012

Tomatoes...with love

So today was my Tomatoes day - although it can be all nightshades if I so desire. So the point of doing this is after the elimination diet you want to see what foods cause a reaction, so every 3-4 days you add in another food you eliminated for the 3-4 weeks and see what happens to your body.

Because the point of my elimination diet was to calm down inflammation, night-shade vegetables were not allowed. I honestly didn't think I would miss peppers or potatoes or tomatoes at all, but oh did I ever miss tomatoes!

So, this morning I had a full tomato sliced with hummus on Mary's crackers - seemed ok, a bit of a burning tummy but was fine.


For lunch I had black quinoa and salmon leftover from last night, with a side of kale, avocado and some pumpkin seeds. I covered the salmon in fresh salsa, some tomatoes and hot sauce - mmmmm!

We will see if I have any type of reaction, and if not....tomatoes, along with coffee and wine are good to go!!!

For dinner we're having quinoa spaghetti with fresh tomato sauce and a greek salad minus the feta so I will definitely have my fill of nightshades today!

No comments:

Post a Comment