Tuesday 4 December 2012

Quick Mexican Quinoa Bowl

I call this bowl "quick" because it is very easy to assemble, especially if you pre-make your chicken and quinoa. It is healthy, filling and honestly so delicious you won't be able to keep the leftovers - although it's awesome to make a lot and eat it for lunch the next day!

The quantities are up to you - I just make enough quinoa for the week and save the black beans the salsa so that I can just reach into the fridge, pull out all of the ingredients, warm up and dig in!

Quick Mexican Quinoa Bowl

Cooked Quinoa (I use a mix of white, black and red)
Black Beans (I use low-sodium) - sometimes I warm them up in a pot on the stove
Salsa of choice (this one is pineapple, mango, cilantro, red onion and lime juice)
1 Avocado
Chicken Breast (pulled into pieces, marinated after being cooked in fresh lime juice - 2 limes, chile flakes and black pepper)

Top with your choice of cheese (although I didn't use any), lime, hot sauce, black pepper.

Mix it all up together and enjoy! I love having the salsa on top of the chicken which is on top of the black-beans and quinoa - then the avocado you can mix in at the end - or sprinkle some cheese and hot sauce on the top!




No comments:

Post a Comment