Friday 17 August 2012

TGIF Smoothie

Fridays used to be my day to indulge on the way to work - usually with an americano and croissant from this amazing place on King West....then to the Portuguese bakery out in Ajax. But now, being the good healthy girl that I am - I'm still indulging, but just in a much healthier and natural way!

TGIF Smoothie:

1 scoop of hemp protein powder (or your powder of choice)
1 cup of vanilla almond milk (unsweetened)
1/2 banana or full - your choice
1 big tbsp of cacao
1 tbsp of ground flax meal
I tbsp of coconut oil
1 big tbsp of almond butter
1 tsp of maca powder
Sprinkle of cinnamon (it's my favourite so I use a lot & it's very beneficial for balancing blood sugars)
1 cup of filtered water

Blend and enjoy.

Honestly, when I'm drinking this I'm shocked it's not full of sugar and bad things for me because it literally tastes like the best chocolate shake you'll ever have. Ok, maybe not....but bananas taste very sweet to me, they have quite a bit of sugar that's why I only use 1/2. If you want to add more honey or some stevia go for it - but this TGIF smoothie will knock your socks off!

Again, I apologize for my lack of a better camera - iPhone this weekend possibly!

And no...this is not an ad for Sears :P

TGIF!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment