Wednesday 1 August 2012

Green Good Morning Smoothie

Sometimes mornings rush by...like, really rush by, and so getting a good substantial and HEALTHY breakfast can be difficult.

So, this morning I made a Green Smoothie - not my first, but this blend of goodness definitely was new and it was delicious!

Green Good Morning Smoothie

1 scoop of Vega One Powder
1 tbsp of Organic Spirulina
2 handfuls of spinach
1 small handful of dandelion greens (I usually prefer kale)
1 avocado
1/2 pear
2 inch chunk of fresh ginger
2 cups of water (coconut water would be great too)

Blend and enjoy!


This smoothie is fast and easy, you get MORE than enough nutrients and it tastes delicious. I'm partial to ginger because I find it's flavour divine - but if you don't prefer it maybe substitute with an entire pear, some stevia or an apple. For me, this didn't effect my blood sugar too substantially - the avocado and 1/2 the pear would be approximately 20 carbohydrates, but because of all the fiber in the smoothie I gave myself 1.5 units.

Happy Wednesday!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment