Friday 30 November 2012

Vegan Cinnamon (pseudo) Shortbreads

My favourite holiday cookies are my mother's cinnamon shortbreads - and not just because she shapes them into moons :)

They are so simple, yet SO delicious. I thought, why don't I try and make these without sugar, dairy or gluten and see what happens?

Vegan Cinnamon (pseudo) Shortbreads

1 cup of coconut oil
2 cups of almond flour
4 tbsp cinnamon (I used a dash of pumpkin pie spice as well)
3 tbsp pure maple syrup

• Preheat oven to 300
• Mix coconut oil and maple syrup together. Add in flour and cinnamon and mix until smooth
• Make into small balls and flatten with a fork on baking pan (add a pecan if you wish)
• Sprinkle extra cinnamon and a bit of brown sugar on the top
• Bake at 300 for 30 minutes

I gave a few out today at work and people LOVED them!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment