Friday 4 January 2013

The Bullet

Getting back to work after the holidays is always tough - whether you stayed true to your clean eating habits and exercise, or not.

 For me, my commitment to smoothies and juices in the morning has sort of slipped through the cracks, and although I still enjoy a warm cup of lemon water each morning I have to get back into the swing of things!

So this morning while I was searching for a lunch bag I found, in the back of our cupboard, the infamous Magic Bullet. My husband and I haven't used "the bullet" in probably over a year because we use our blender for smoothies, salad dressings or chai-tea mixtures. It was a sign - I need to start making my green protein smoothies again - and now I can make them at work!

What a brilliant idea, and I'm actually shocked I haven't thought of this earlier! It's compact, easy to use - you can have a smoothie ready in less than a minute, preparation and all - and it doesn't make a huge mess!



My morning smoothie:

1/2 banana (frozen or ripe)
2 scoops of Amazing Grass Green Superfood Powder
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tbsp ground chia seeds
1 tbsp of ground flax meal
1 large tbsp almond butter
1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 tsp of maca root powder
3 ice cubes





If you're looking for a new morning routine but not sure you have the time until you get to work, invest in one of these Magic Bullets - they are so convenient, fast and easy to use. I know not every office is as relaxed as mine, but for a brief 40 second blend, your body will thank you!

1 comment: