Tuesday 29 January 2013

Green + Yellow Arugula Salad

The colours are important in this salad because, without knowing, those are the only colours of the vegetables I put in it!

This salad is for Day #2 Lunch for my lovely first client of The Ginger Route - a fresh food delivery service I'm starting in the Durham area.

Green + Yellow Arugula Salad

Arugula - I use about 2 large handfuls
Cucumber sliced
1 golden yellow beet sliced (first you must roast them on 400° for about 30 min)
1/4 cup of edamame beans (I buy them organic, frozen and cook them for 5 min on the stove)
Yellow pepper sliced
1/2 an Avocado
Freshly chopped Parsley
Sprinkle of Walnuts on top

Dressing: EVOO, 1/2 tbsp of organic honey, 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard, Sea salt, Pepper and a hint of fresh ginger grated in!

It's a delicious, healthy satisfying salad to remind you of warm summer days on these cold winter ones!




No comments:

Post a Comment