Tuesday 31 July 2012

It's a wrap...a green wrap!

If you're avoiding gluten most of the time like I do sometimes it's hard to find brown rice sprouted wraps or something as a healthy alternative to wrap your veggies. In comes the Collard Green. LOVE LOVE LOVE this vegetable - mostly because it looks like a lily pad and is yummy to eat too.

So today I did my wraps in a collard leaf, and made my own peanut-lime sauce to go along with it:

2 Large Collard Leaves
Sliced red, orange and yellow peppers (1/4 of a pepper each - julienning these works wonders too)
1 Sliced avocado
Green beans - for an extra veggie crunch
Julienned Carrots
Sunflower Seeds
Chopped Kale (next time I may saute the kale a bit beforehand)

Cover with Peanut-lime dressing:

3 tbsp raw peanut butter
1 tbsp organic tamari-sauce (gluten-free)
1 tbsp sesame seed oil
1 full lime freshly squeezed
1 inch of ginger grated
2 cloves of garlic

*Note all vegetables thoroughly washed before, and buy organic veggies and products when possible.




Yes I am still mastering my rolling skills, and different combinations of veggies and sauces and brainstorming of ways to get a little more substantial crunch in there - but until I have a dehydrator the green beans may have to do!

The key is slicing the veggies thin enough so that they will roll well, and lining them up as well on the leaf properly - maybe I should just use toothpicks like the real peeps do!

Because there is literally no sugar in this, I left my blood sugar alone. The avocado does count as some, but the fiber also brings the carb ratio down in the fruit....and I was 4.1 before I indulged so will just do a test in 2 hours and let you know how it goes!

Happy Wrapping!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment