Thursday 19 July 2012

Kale Quinoa Herb Bowl

Happy Thursday! Today I wanted something a bit more substantial to get me through the day and will last me to my much anticipated spin class tonight, so what better than quinoa to the rescue!

This salad is crunchy, tasty goodness with fresh herbs to give it more of a kick!

Kale Quinoa Herb Bowl

1/3 cup of cooked quinoa
Big handful of Kale
Grape tomatoes sliced in half
1 avocado sliced (sorry about the scoops in the photo)
2 tbsp of Hemp Hearts
Handful of Pumpkin Seeds
10 full unsalted roasted almonds
Freshly chopped Parsley and Basil leaves

Dressing:
Olive oil, apple cider vinegar, freshly squeezed lemon and black pepper

Sprinkle with dried oregano


This salad is so fresh and tasty! I love tomatoes and greens mixed with fresh herbs, the quinoa gives it just that extra amount for it to be filling and satisfying, and the kale and avocado add taste and nutrients to the salad. Of course we can't forget the healthy fats and crunch from the almonds and pumpkin seeds as well!

For this salad I gave myself 2.5 units of insulin as I was 6.2 when I checked my blood and there is approx. 25 carbohydrates (avocado, few tomatoes and quinoa) in this salad. It is SOOO satisfying and fresh for a hot summer day - I hope you will all try it!


No comments:

Post a Comment