Tuesday 24 July 2012

Running Appetite - my avocado muffin

For the first time in a long time I decided to embark on a short and quick run this morning - only about 4km but I still give myself credit for waking up 1/2 an hour earlier and getting my butt in motion!

Before my run I ate 1/2 a banana. My blood sugar was 6.2 so I figured if I'm going to run hard I better have something to help me along the way. Post-run I had a hemp protein smoothie with spinach and the rest of the banana with some almond milk - yum!

But after my drive to work I realized I had still worked up an appetite, and only had a few choices for my mid-morning snack. Sometimes we use enough energy to actually enjoy a nice carbohydrate - and don't get me wrong, I don't follow a carb-free diet by any means, but I do limit my breads and pastas quite a bit. So, I grabbed my last sprouted ezekiel english muffin and toasted it with 1/2 of an avocado spread on top - finished with a TINCH of salt and some black pepper - yum! Along with a warm green tea I was off to the races - no pun intended - to face my computer for the next 8 hours!

So instead of grabbing a quick breakfast at some type of popular chain I opted for a delicious alternative that although seems random, is actually quite yummy! I did have to give myself 3 units of insulin to cover the 30g of carb in the muffin and half avocado but it was worth it in the end!

So far my Tuesday looks like this:

banana - run - warm lemon water - shower - hemp protein smoothie - drive to work - avocado muffin - work work work (design design design)!

Happy Tuesday!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment