Wednesday 25 July 2012

Spiral Supper - Raw Zucchini Pesto Bowl

Spiralizer. The first time I heard this word I thought it was some type of dance move. Little did I know that it would be my favourite kitchen tool of all time - or well, one of them!

Now I have to admit, I borrowed one from a friend tonight and used it for the first time - yes, I devirginized myself tonight of spiralizing - and it was grand!

So without further ado, here is tonight's yummy Spiral Supper:

Raw Zucchini Pesto Bowl

1 large green zucchini spiralized
1 small yellow zucchini spiralized
3 tablespoons of homemade pesto OR Classico pesto sauce if you don't have time to whip up your own
1 handful of hemp hearts for some crunch
1 handful of sliced almonds
1/2 container of cherry tomatoes cut in half
Sprinkle of Parmesan Cheese (tonight I grated some old white cheddar instead)

YUM!


The Spiralizer and the fresh zucchini noodles


With the shredded old white cheddar - yum!


 Finished product with my little bulldog pepper shaker in the background - for aesthetics obvi!

The great thing about this dish is that it's all veggies! Hemp hearts for protein, the added cheese for protein and taste (yes some fat as well) so it's easy on the sugar and the body. 

Happy Wednesday! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment