Wednesday 28 November 2012

Amaranth Cinnamon Bake

This breakfast is amazing, especially if you love cinnamon as much as I do - I can't imagine a fall or winter season without tonnes of cinnamon in my baking, cooking and drinks!

So, although you can basically just make a bowl of this on the stove, I decided to take it a step further and try a bake in the oven.

2 cups of amaranth
4 cups of vanilla unsweetened almond milk
Cinnamon - I think I probably put 1/4 cup
Drizzle with maple syrup

Mix together in your baking dish, bake at 275 for 30 min. There should be a bit of a cinnamon crust on the top...mmm mmmmmm good!

I keep mine in the fridge for a few days so I can just scoop out into a bowl and heat up with a splash of water to make it a little moist. Sprinkle more cinnamon if you need to, I didn't with the bake - and maple syrup or honey. I added walnuts to mine as well, and I'll probably try almond butter with banana and apples, almonds and honey next time!


This is much deeper than it appears in the picture, and notice the crystalized cinnamon on top - yum!






No comments:

Post a Comment