Wednesday 21 November 2012

Green Juice Kicks Coffee's Ass!

Yeah I said it. And really, you can't knock it til you've tried it - trust me. As my good friend pointed out on facebook, nothing beats an americano with almond milk latte - ok, ok, I agree...taste-wise that is. Nothing, and I mean nothing beats the high you get from green juice, and the lasting effect it brings with it as well. No afternoon slumps, no caffeine jitters, not heart palpitations....it's awesome!

And, I've been saying this ever since I was introduced to Kris Carr 2 years ago - she's a juicing goddess and although I'm not as hardcore as she is...I still try to get at least 3 morning green juices in per week. Sometimes I will experiment with other combos, but usually I stick to my morning green juice!

2 stalks of celery
4 large romaine leaves
1/2 cucumber
1 large chunk of ginger



Other combinations to try could be:

• spinach/kale/cucumber/celery/apple/lemon

• apple/lemon/ginger/beet/carrot

• pear/ginger/celery/cucumber

• pear/lime/cucumber/spinach

• grapefruit/carrot/ginger (one of my favourites!)

If you haven't juiced you should really try it. Does it taste like the best thing ever? NO. Does it taste pretty good if you add ginger, lemon or apples? YES! Will it change you life? YES YES YES!

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment