Monday 12 November 2012

Elimination Diet - Day 1 Detox Salad

So today is the first day of my 3-week Elimination Detox Diet as set by my Naturopath.

It's actually not far off of how I already eat however, there are a few things I have not cut out for more than 7 days before: all forms of dairy, coffee and caffeine in general, eggs, alcohol, most fruits, nightshade veggies (tomatoes, onions, peppers, eggplant) and milks of all kinds - even almond milk. I've decided to cut out meat as well because it tends to feed inflammation which is a problem for me due to my Diabetes. I'll stick to Wild Salmon a few times a week and use Kris Carr's beautiful new cookbook for other amazing recipes!

So....I am trying to get as prepared as possible by making some different healthy soups this week, cutting up select vegetables for snacking on and making yummy amaranth porridge for breakfast (man, I miss eggs already!)

So, here is my Day 1 Detox Salad:

Organic Spinach
Organic Kale
Sprouted Chickpeas (did it myself yay)
Sprout mix from Whole Foods containing lentil sprouts, red clover, alfalfa sprouts
Hemp seeds
1 Avocado
Organic EVOO and 1/2 a lemon

It is very delicious, totally satisfying (to me - you know I love my greens) and makes you feel so light and fresh sitting at an office all day!

So follow along with me and see how I do on this major cleanse :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment