Tuesday 20 November 2012

More Soup. Day 9

So, I feel ok after the first week, honestly nothing much has changed other than I do in fact have A LOT more energy when I wake up in the morning and don't get ANY 3-4pm tiredness.

I miss tomatoes. I miss being able to take that ice-cold Guinness in our fridge and enjoy it on a Friday night with some popcorn - but, I want to make this little experiment work, and I want to see what happens at the end so I am sticking to it. I really haven't taken much insulin since being on this cleanse, other than my hourly rates which I don't mess with. And I'm juicing a lot more which gives me extra energy and inspiration!

So this is a soup I have made before, however, it has some alterations and it came out SOOOO good I had to share it with you today!

Ginger Butternut Squash Sweet Potato Soup (it's a mouthful)

1 butternut squash
1 large sweet potato
1 small yellow onion
2 carrots
2 big chunks of ginger
6 cups of vegan vegetable stock
2 cloves of garlic

Spices: cinnamon, tumeric, cardamom, cumin - 1 tsp of each to start

Saute minced garlic and diced onions in grapeseed oil for a few minutes until onions are soft. Add in vegetable stock/water, chopped squash, sweet potato and carrots.

Add spices once brought to a boil, or really whenever you wish along with minced ginger. I also cut about an inch of ginger into 2 and threw them in on their own.

Simmer on low for 25 minutes.

Let cool, add to a blender and puree.

Add extra spices as you desire :)







































This soup is different from my others because I added sweet potato and cardamom, which honestly you wouldn't think make that big a difference but wow, they do! This soup was creamy, sweet yet with a bit of a kick and oh so good. When I had it for lunch today I actually thought it was made with cream and lots of sugar - but low and behold it's not, it's HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS! Yes, the 2 can coexist in virtually any recipe - I hope that is something you are learning here with my lovely recipes! :) xo

No comments:

Post a Comment